Tis the Season?

Last weekend I finally got TV after many years without it and last night I reconnected with some of my favourite shows, like How It's Made. While sitting on my sofa, watching an episode on how canvas teepees are made, it occurred to me that perhaps I should do something productive. I pulled out my stash of polymer clay and decided to make a few ornaments.

















These snowmen have been one of my favourite things to make for many years now. They are quick and easy, and (I think) very cute. Sometimes they have hats, sometimes scarves. Sometimes they are standard rotund snowmen, and sometimes they are smores-inspired (mini marshmallow shaped and standing on a chocolate base).

I often have dozens of these (and other ornaments) on hand the month before Christmas, because I make them while watching TV or movies. It's nothing to make 10 of them in a sitting. By the time Christmas comes around, they are all gone. I give them to friends and family, and sometimes I bring them to work and leave them in the common area for anyone who wants one. A few years ago, I did this at the university, and I was surprised by how quickly 20 or so of them disappeared (I suspect that some people took more than one...).

Sometimes I think I should go into production and try selling them at Christmas craft fairs. I've often wondered whether they would sell or not. Perhaps one day I will test it out -- but in the meantime, I'll have to restock my supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment