A Halloween Village

Last winter, I purchased the cutting files to make a Christmas village with my Cameo. I found a church, a town house, a shop, a house, and a barn designed by Marji Roy. I loved them and made a set out of white card stock to decorate my apartment for Christmas. Following the tutorial, I lined my buildings with wax paper so that the windows would appear frosted -- it was a winter scene after all!

I have since wondered what they would look like in other colours. For example, I've seen them on Pinterest made from what appears to be kraft paper and they look fantastic. I am thinking about trying that for this winter. In the meantime, I thought I would experiment with making them in black for Halloween.

This time I lined them with orange tissue paper and added a few purple pumpkins and orange chocolate balls. Sure, it's not spooky like some of the Halloween villages you can buy from the design store, but I like the way it turned out. I'm thinking about adding a graveyard to the church if I have time before Halloween. Next year I may try making the village in purple and orange!

How do you decorate for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment