Random Acts of Craftiness 2

Apparently March is National Craft Month. At least that's what Amazon tells me. But I'm not sure if that's because it really is craft month or because I purchased some craft supplies and I'm now being targeted by them as a result. Either way, it's been a good month to craft! I made chalkboard wine glasses for a silent auction that is being held today -- St. Patrick's Day, spent some time painting, and used my Silhouette Cameo to cut vinyl lettering for my cake tote (it now says "Ginger Snaps").

I also made some progress on my 2016 Random Acts of Craftiness resolution. Since my last update, I've made items for two more individuals on the list and so I'm now two-thirds of the way through the challenge.

My friend Nora received a set of four handmade cards. I had some leftover paper from a birthday present I made in February. I decided to use my Cameo and a new punch that I purchased in the States in October when I visited Neil. I'm pretty happy with the results.


I think my favourite is the feather, but I also love the LOVE.

For my friend Jenny, I stitched a journal with covers made from a Purity crackers box. Jenny and I met in Alberta and had some fun Newfoundland adventures together there -- I remember eating cold plates with her before attending a Buddy Wasisname concert. I figured she'd like a little piece of home!


And the recipient of this installment's bonus was Leanne, who received the peppermint version of the mints I made during RAC 1. I still don't think they're all that great, but the peppermint ones taste better than the cherry ones. And at least I used up my leftover gum paste. (Sorry, Leanne!)

So that's the second RAC update. Stay tuned for the next installment!

1 comment:

  1. And I am the happy recipient of your world famous `Damn' cards - appropriate for so many occasions.

    ReplyDelete