Handmade Card Exchange

This fall, I joined a few fellow crafty ladies to participate in a homemade card exchange. The idea (not mine) was simple: we each would choose four card designs and make 16 of each. Then we'd trade so that we would each have four sets of 16 different cards. The goal was to have a set of cards for a variety of occasions -- wedding, birthday, Valentine's Day, sympathy, etc -- like the popular all occasion card sets you can buy at places like Costco.

My approach was that simple is better -- although, I did love the intricate designs created by my fellow crafters. I also wanted to put my Silhouette Cameo to good use.

My first card was the starfish. I liked it as a card for any occasion.













My second was a Valentine's Day card. I didn't want to waste any paper, so I used the cut outs to make two different ones.



My third was another all occasion card. I just loved the bright colours (you can't tell in this picture, but the green is actually lime). This could easily be a birthday card as well, I think.










And my fourth card was a simple Christmas card. I think I may make these next year and mail them to friends.





















Did you make any presents to give this year?

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE my cards. Truly one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. <3

    ReplyDelete