Random Acts of Craftiness 4

Well, it's September and I just finished my 2016 Random Acts of Craftiness challenge!

In August, after seeing a post by SeaLemon, I became a little bit obsessed with duct tape. So, I made a few duct tape pencil cases. I honestly love them. They look funky and are practical.

I mailed one to Stacey and gave one to Cathy. And I made so many that a few people not on the original RAC list also received them, including my coworker Alyce and one of my student employees. As a consequence of this obsession, I have amassed a duct tape collection that is cause for concern -- so if you have other duct tape craft ideas, please let me know!















Now, another summer student saw a Hello Kitty pencil case and joked that he wanted a Hello Kitty wallet. So, for fun, I googled the instructions and figured out how to make one for him. It's solid yellow on the outside with Hello Kitty trim and on the inside, as you can see below, there are Hello Kitty and solid pink pockets.

There was a minor flaw in the design -- some of the duct tape didn't quite stick correctly -- but we fixed it with a little crazy glue. Apparently his wallet is a great conversation starter with the ladies.














Finally, I made Luscious Lemon Cupcakes for a Rotary auction and made a few extra so that I could bring one to Cathy, who I hadn't seen in more than four months!




















And so that's it! Random Acts of Craftiness 2016 is complete! It's been fun to have something motivating me to take a break from work and do something I love. To see the other installments, click on the RAC label at the top right hand corner of the page.

Hopefully everyone's enjoyed receiving their surprises.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment